Subject: Re: Thugs are Stupid
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Jul 97 23:34:27 EDT

Jim Brick wrote:

<<< I think I responded at that time that the MAJORITY of the people EVERYWHERE,
do not know what a Leica is. It's just a camera to 99.9% of the masses, thugs or
not. Run into another photographer, and you stand a chance that he will have
heard the name Leica.>>>>>>

Hi Jim,

Right on buddy! If one isn't aware of things photographic, Leica doesn't mean
anymore than sardines! And sardines would be recognized by more lay people than
the logo or name Leica.

<<I wear a small round red Leica pin on my lapel,>>>

I have the same pin except I have it on my photo vest and even then guys ask me
what it is! As in other photographers until they are really close looking! Even
then it's usually a nonplus shrug of the shoulders as in, "big deal!"

<<<I contend that the majority of everybody, thugs included, have no clue as to
what a Leica is, and simply are aware that someone is taking pictures with a
camera.>>>>>

Of course! And for anyone to contend that thieves go around looking for the red
logo button on a camera is beyond comprehension. Hell they steal anything
hanging on a shoulder and in most cases never even know what they have until
they are far enough away to take a look.

I've found all the earlier posts and comments regarding the red dot logo just
ridiculous banter along with the black tape etc. hell I never look at the front
of any of my Leicas, as I'm too damn busy looking through the viewfinder!

But then I guess there are some folks who play with and stroke them instead of
driving the hell out of them. :)

ted