Subject: Re: Leica in the Movies
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:19:42 -0400

>>Later in the film someone offered a Polaroid Spectra as a gift to a native
>>Swahili guide, and he replied. "I prefer the resolution of my Leica 35mm"
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Steve Brauner
>>Mahwah, NJ
>
> I agree with Leica, The kids should learn about the good things of life...
>Leicas, Ferraris, Girls...
>
> I think Leica is planning to open a toy factory in Japan... They will call
>LEITOY(Leitz Toy), and the first product will be a Leica M6 made of plastic
>with a lot of eletronic inside... autofocus... plastic lens and a
>multipattern color meter...

Thou shall not take the Holy LEICA name in vain! particularly if you hope
to get a service-depot in Brazil.

If anybody in Solms monitors the LUG, you'll probably be put on the list of
Undesirables and Unbelievers and if you ever require service for your
Leica, they'll send it to LEITOY Inc.

The lens will be replaced with a Korean made copy (plastic lens elements
with soft AR coating) without filterthread,  25 ct. size Lieca (sic) logos
will be attached to the front of the body,  and it will be shipped back to
you via sea-mail collect, of course.
I like Leica of course! ( Nikons and that Swedish 66 box ain't bad either
and I sometimes mount its lenses via japan-made adapter unto my R 4; I
trust you won't tell them in Solms!?)

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128