Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 Jul 97 10:49:07 EDT

Richard Hemingway wrote:

<<<I remember seeing complaints about the M6s but not about the R8's faulty
parts. Please refresh my recolection on this.  What faulty party???>>>

g'day Dick,

When the R8 arrived on the scene late last December early January to three
shooters on the list and CServe, Tom Donovan, Pete Stone and myself, both Tom
and Pete had some glitches.

Pete's had something to do with the flash connection with studio strobes I
beleive and Tom had problems with two or three bodies all of which were
exchanged by Leica.

On the other hand mine worked like a dream and still is and I use it in my work
every week with nary a problem of any kind, other than not having the motor.

It was interesting as both Pete and Tom had serial numbers which were very close
to-gether indicating possibly came down the line at the same time, whereas mine
was several thousands different. This could or could not have been the results
of a couple of guys having had a bad night in a Solms bar resulting in not
putting it to-gether right.

But since then there hasn't been any yowlling about glitches of any kind that I
have seen nor heard on the street.

If you do find anything going wrong get directly to Leica in New Jersey for a
replacement! Talk to Nils Thorsen or Brian Bell, National Sales Manager.

I beleive in Leica and until I have a crash and burn in my hands, of which I
only have had once with the &*%$^&*(^%$# R4's I use them like eskimosdo with
their dog teams. Work them hard and treat them with respect, but not molly
coddling them and they'll go for years.

If you do that they never have time to sit around and go wrong! :)

ted