Subject: Re: R8 Strap wear?
From: John Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:53:24 -0400

There is an easy and inexpensive way to prevent this from happening.  Go
to the local leather craft or handi craft store.  And find the scrap
leather box.  For a few dollars you should be able to find a nice peice
of leather.  Cut two 1 1/4 inch (31mm circles) then if the leather is
not to thick you can use a hole cutter to punch out a hole in the
center.  Remove the strap from the camera, put the leather washer over
the eyelet, and re-attach the strap to the camera.  If you can not find
black get a tan piece and use a sharpie to die it black.  This will
prevent strap wear.
	This is not an original idea they use to make these but I have not been
able to find them, so I make them myself.  They are on all of my
cameras.  An inexpensive idea that really works.

HTH
John