Subject: Ein Madchen's Opinion
From: JocastaXX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 00:59:02 -0400 (EDT)

     Is anyone foolish enough to believe that autos, watches, wearing apparel
&
cameras of today are made to the same quality standards of earlier years when
there was pride in workmanship.  They probably all perform better than their
precedents but they are not built to last.  Cheap Chinese quartz watches
often
keep better time than Rolex & Patek Phillipe of the past;  same with sound
speakers that had massive magnets & heavy solid walnut cabinets.
      In this plastic age, most appliances (including Leicas) have much
better
performance than their predecessors but who cares? >I DO!<  When I buy Leica
I expect the service & expertise of which Leica built its reputation.
     My M6 does not take any better pictures than my IIIf, BUT I DO. because
it
is easier to use & has a great meter (if your battery isnt dead).  Would HCBs

photos be any better if he was using an aspherical lens? (please no
arguments-
strictly a rhetorical question.

Joy Lindstrom ( Joy to the World)