Subject: Ben Holmes/FKemper
From: JocastaXX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 12:19:53 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 31.07.97  02:28:2,  schreiben Sie

 << It is silly to
  suggest that the folks at Solms are not those same folks who turned and
  milled and cut and ground parts in Wetzlar. >>

BEN - read this carefully, you have a habit of changing words around
in your statements & therefore changing the meaning.

 Actually, they are the same people. Leica Solms is merely an assembly and
 testing area, besides this marketing, pr and other administration
departments
 are located there. A lot of Leica parts still are made in Wetzlar (which is
 only three miles away from Solms). When Leica made the M6J, they really
 activated machinery last used to make M3 parts. However: 70 Percent of the
 assembly of any M6 is done in Portugal. But I think they do it that way at
 least for the last 15 years.
 Ben - is the origin of a product where it is assembled or where the parts
are made?  My PC has parts made in a half dozen countries & assembled in
Thailand.  Do you believe what the German gentleman has written above
or have the workers from Wetzlar moved to Portugal

Joy Lindstrom