Subject: Re: New R8 - slides
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 08:18:03 -0700

On 31 Jul 97,  Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

> Well I got back the second batch of slides I took with my new R8.
> Kodachrome 25.  I could compare them with some slides I had taken with
> the M6 and 35/1.4 ASPH, which were extremely sharp.

Your remarks are interesting, Dick, but it must be said that the marginal
differences that *might* be evident between the systems and lenses that
you are comparing would generally not be evident with projected slides. A
good light table and loupe will reveal more.

As you said, though, for the photography that you do, namely projected
slides, the comparison shows an expected equivalence.

Keep the M and the 35/1.4 ASPH, however. There's times when that around
your neck will do best all that you need to do that particular session.
Your financial resources are not a closed system. Earn more and buy the
extra lenses for the R8 in addition to the M stuff! Boy, can I spend other
people's money?
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer