Subject: Re: New R8 - slides
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 17:23:13 -0700

On  1 Aug 97,  Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

<snip>

> >Your financial resources are not a closed system. Earn more and buy
>
> Oh yeah, who says so???  Not closed, but close.  I have no desire to go
> back into either active practice of law, consulting, or writing.  My
> banker (wife) won't make any loans - even of my own money!!! <gr>

Sorry about that, Dick. I had forgotten our previous off line
correspondence where we learned that both of us are just a pair of retired
old fools.

Interesting side bar. I was talking to a Leica buddy this afternoon and he
was telling of a couple of aquisitions to his stable. Recently back from a
trip to Montana he was bemoaning the weight of what he used to think of as
a modest hiking bag of equipment.

We concluded that by the time we reach the age that we can afford some
more Leica gear, we're too old to carry it all to the sites! Life's a
b...h!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer