Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #572
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 19:38:09 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 01.08.1997  22:55:11, schreiben Sie:

><< The really important thing to bear in mind about Zeiss is that they
simply
> cut very few compromises and pay little heed to economic realities:  thus,
> they produce superbly made, superbly designed lenses at
> heart-palpitation-inducing prices.

There I completely agree.

>But, when you want THE very best, well,
> Zeiss is there.

Maybe, but in my experience the Zeiss Jena lenses (Biometar 80, 120,
Flektogon 50) have far better optical abilities (not mechanics !!!) than
Oberkochen's equivalents (Planar, Distagon), and are on 1/4 to 1/3 of the
price. And, as known also, the (Rolleiflex built-in) 3.5/75 Planar is better
also than the 2.8/80 Planar.

Maybe it's different with 35mm camera lenses ... although there is hardly any
lens which compares to the 20 mm Flektogon (exept the Super Angulon, maybe).

- -Alf