Subject: Re: Eine Madchen's Opinion
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 22:58:53 -0800

Joy Lindstrom wrote:

>After undoing all your twisting around of my words,  I find that you are not
>refuting my feelings, but endorsing them.
>
>I said that through advanced technology - autos, hi-fi gear, watches and
>Leicas outperform their precedents without the massiveness of the past.
>Computer designed & rare earth glasses  have led to much better quality
>lenses.
>
>IT IS THE HIGH PRICE & LACK OF FAST SERVICE OF LEICA CAMERA.INC

Sorry about misunderstanding you. I hope I got it right this time.

I understood that you felt that performance advances had been made, but you
seemed to spell out clearly that you did feel that 'they are not built to
last'. I do not, IMHO, agree with this. I feel that many of today's
products will last as long, if not longer, than those manufactured in the
past.

As for Leica's (or Leitz') high price and lack of appropriate service, not
a lot has changed in the 35 years I have used their products.

But hey, that's just me talking :-).

I've often been called an equipment freak, but it's all current stuff, more
or less. If it doesn't produce pictures regularly, it's outta here. I don't
know why, but a lovely machined M3 with old Summarit does not do it for me
if there is an M6 with a Noctilux or 35 asph. available.

   *           Henning J. Wulff
  /|\     Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\      henningw@archiphoto.com