Subject: Re: Slide filing systems
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:40:21 -0800

Gary Todoroff wrote:
> Has anyone discovered a good system for filing slides? I have 30 years
> worth of thousands of slides in various reels, trays, plastic sheets and
> boxes. I've seen software advertised for labeling and indexing slides. Has
> anyone tried these products?

Gary,

A simple answer is to use Vue All or other slide sheets that take the
Pentaflex style bar and use standard letter size filing cabinets.  Easy
access, not expensive, reasonably archival.

There are many computer programs from simple label only to complex
databases.  I happen to use Inview/Stockview to run whole business
including invoicing, contacts, accounting, plus slide labeling and
database management.  This is complex stuff here discussing numbering
systems, search systems, etc.  The software, which runs only on mac
(soon for Windows) is about $700+.  What system you use depends mostly
on needs--whether amateur or high volume professional

I'd be happy to discuss it with anyone, but private email probably best
since it is off topic.

Donal Philby
Victoria, BC (temporarily)