Subject: Re: Leica M6 and Contax G2
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 21:00:24 -0500

At 05:28 PM 8/2/97 -0700, Roger Beamon wrote:

>> WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE OTHER $3,340???
>
>Simple, Chuck. WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHAT THE G2 IS
>                        WORTH IN TEN YEARS!

I think you missed my point, Roger.  No question the M6 is a better
long-term investment, but what is the justification for the immensely
higher initial cost?  Where does the money *go*?  Or is Kyocera
deliberately underpricing G's to horn in on the Leica market?

>Me, I'll stick to what I can focus all by myself. Manual focusing on the
>G2 is a "bear", and the AF on the G2 ain't all that great! IMHO, of
>course.

I'd be the last to argue with your personal preference.  IMO, G2 manual
focus is utterly worthless; if the situation demands MF, I'll just pass on
the shot.  OTOH, my AF hasn't missed yet.  But I haven't made a lot of
demands on it.

Chuck