Subject: The Leica R8 and moving up from Canon
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 03:08:32 -0400 (EDT)

<<Dear Group:

I am a Canon 1N user considering moving to the R8. The reason for the move up
would be to gain optical quality. Not sharpness, so much as roundness and
smooth fall off into the depth of the image (bokeh).

Currently, the best I can do with the Canon system is shoot the 28mm f1.8 - a
focal lenght that I like. This lens, while it does not seem to get good
reviews, in practice, it is quite smooth, with excellent gradation.

I have had no real experince shooting an R8 with R lenses. I am looking for a
little feedback on what I might see in my images in moving up from Canon to
Leica. The 1N is a very robust package and the 28mm f1.8 is not bad. Its a
scarey step to make an expensive move up from it.

So, how is the new 28mm f2.8R? Plus, I gather that the 35mm f2 is just
amazing.

Any comments or encouragement is appreciated. I would especially welcome the
perspective of some one else that has shot with the Canon 1N system and gone
to Leica.

My deepest thanks!

Pete

Thanks Tom D. for your comments. They were a help.
I would still appreciate hearing from other folks as well.

Pete