Subject: Re: Leica M6 and Contax G2
From: "Lee Yan Zhan" <yzlee@cyberway.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 00:13:41 +0800

Chuck,

> >7.	This is subjective.  The moment I take it out the bag - everyone
looks
> >at you.  (Could be a pllus point for some!!).  I cannot take pictures
> unnoticed.
>
> More so than a chrome M6?  I don't think so.  Plus, any thief worthy of
the
> name can spot a Leica at 100 yards, no matter how much tape is used to
> disguise it.

I agree with you.  If I ever become a thief, I will be able to identify my
"prey" at least 50m away.  On a lighter side, some of my friends believe
that taping and using a black body makes a photographer feels "concealed".
We all agree over a beer that it sounds like something from the old spy
comedy - GET SMART.

> >5.	The 90/2.8 lense hood is not built in and big.
>
> None of the hoods are integral - but there is no reason to ever remove
> them.  My entire outfit - camers, 28, 45 & 90 lenses (with hoods in place
> and slip-on caps over the hoods), and TLA 200 dedicated flash - fits
easily
> in a LowePro bag that measures 8" w  x  7" h  x  4" d.  And there's lots
of
> room left over for film, etc.

I use LowePro too.  Its very convenient.  I just wish that its integrated
like my Elmarit 90/2.8.

Regards,

Lee Yan Zhan