Subject: Re: Need Help With Light Tent
From: "Richard C. Floyd" <103060.1511@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 03 Aug 97 15:36:00 EDT

Message text written by Richard Clompus:

>I need a source in the U.S. to purchase a light tent.  I previously used a
piece of white
translucent plastic that I wrapped into a cone.  I lit the sides of the
cone and shot through a hole in the top.  It produced even illumination
without excessive reflections from shiny surfaces.  <

Richard:

Try

CPM,Inc.
10830 Sanden Drive
Dallas, TX 75238-1337
214-349-6886

In their "Delta 1 Studio Equipment" catalog they offer several items that might
work.  They offer:

Round Shooting Tent
Described as white translucent nylon #40510 - 48"x60" - $88.00

Plexiglass Light Dome
Described as seamless plexiglass white dome with 19 1/2" base diameter and 8"
height
#41010, Light Dome I - Top opening - $128.00
#41020, Light Dome II - Side opening - $128.88

Plexiglass Light Cone
Described  as constructed from 3/16", #2447 white translucent Plexiglass 13"H x
12"base x 6" top diameter
#41030 - $130.00

Diffusion Light Cone
Described as large, sturdy 20 mil Lexan cone, virtually unbreabable, stores
flat, assembles in seconds.
24" base diameter, 17.5" height, 4" top
#02400 - $49.95

Hope this helps.  Sorry I didn't respond to your first inquiry, I had to find
the catalog.  These guys also advertise in Shutterbug.

Best Regards,
Rick Floyd