Subject: Re: Leica M6 and Contax G2
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 07:32:19 -0600 (MDT)

>Also, I bought an M6 because I wanted a metal-bodied, manual-focus,
>manual-exposure, mechanical camera. I didn't WANT an auto, electronic
>camera.
>
>- Paul

Paul, maybe there's a balance that could be struck between all mechanical
and all electronic bodies. Look at the Nikon F3. Solidly built, manual
focus, all manual controls, aperture priority if you want it, but not a lot
of useless features. It's probably the last pro-SLR that will be built that
way. AND they still make it. I consider the F3 to be one of the highest
quality SLRs being built today.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO