Subject: Re: New Leica R Zooms
From: Jack Hamilton <"jackham "@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 20:11:27 -0500

I understand that the designs of the new Leica lenses were made in
Solms. SOME lenses are then manufactured by Hoya, in Japan, and then
shipped to Solms for quality control testing and other inspections (The
lenses for the Leica Mini-cameras,for example). They are put on the
market ONLY after they pass SOLMS testing.

Electronics are manufactured for Leica by Panasonic, I also understand.

But what does it matter...? We have Volkswagon built in Dallas, and now
perhaps Mercedes in Atlanta?

And of course, we have Fords built in Stutgart...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA