Subject: Re: Leica Quality
From: Detlef Beyer <d.beyer@hermes.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 08:05:04 +0200

>Jim Brick wrote:
>
><<<If you are a legitimate professional photographer, making your
>living via photography and use Leica equipment, Leica will do their very
>best not let you down. Other situations can of course qualify.>>>>>
>
>Jim,
>
>this has been the same for me over the years when something needed fixing. I
>courier the broken part, usually due to my carelessness and if it can be
>repaired it's done and back courier ASP. Or if they can't turn it around
>within
>24 to 36 hours, I've got a loaner from the "pool" gear.
>
>ted

Hi Ted,

I am a "legitimate professional photographer" (not working as - but...) and
I have a complete different experience with the Leica service. I anything
on my Leica needs fixing - I had to say goodbye to the camera for 1-3 month
since this happend three times to me - my M6 was "on holiday" for nearly a
year...

Maybe the service here in Germany is different...?!

Cheers,

Detlef

<LEICA IMAGES> http://www.hermes.de/chile/ </LEICA IMAGES>