Subject: Pin hole light leak
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:39:59 -0400 (EDT)

I recently was checking out a "M" for a lady that complained of getting a
"ball of fire flare" in her photos under completely different conditions.
I shot a test roll of 36 exp Ekachrome and since I had a lot of film left
over, decided to check out some of  my newly acquired lenses also.
When looking at the slides the next day, I saw that "ball of fire" on
some of my lens test photos & nowhere else;  this stumped me for a
while, but I thought back about what I did differently with my lens tests.

It seemed that whenever I made a lens change, only the following frame
had the flare.  Taking off the lens and looking at the curtains through the
back, I saw a tiny pinhole that was on one curtain so would only leak
when the shutter was cocked.  The only time that there was enough light
to cause a problem was I took the lenses off to change them, since I
usually cock the shutter after each exposure.

End of mystery of UFO
Marvin Moss