Subject: Re: M6 Electronic
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 22:13:01 -0400 (EDT)

Shawn,

This has grown past the ridiculous.

Comparing a Leica R3 level automated camera to a Contax G2 or an EOS A2e is
an over the top exaggeration, akin to comparing a Cessina prop to an F16.
_I use M6's and like them fine.
I do not think that the current M6 should be thrown out and replaced by an M6E.
I believe that an electronic M6 will be a nice addition to the M line in
much the same way that the R6.2 is complemented by an electric R.
I do think that there is room for another evolution of the M concept.
I don't like the Contax G cameras because they lack communicative
interaction with the user, don't MF at all well, are toylike and make
obnoxious noises (for an RF).

"If my goal was complete automation".

What are you talking about? When did I even hint at 'complete automation'?

"one who is looking for an electronic camera would be better advised to go
for a Canon or Nikon"

Again, where did this come from? Neither Canon or Nikon makes a camera even
_remotely like the one I'm suggesting. The early 70's Canon 7s is the
closest camera to it, in Nikon/Canon terms.

DG