Subject: R: New Gear? good lenses+good mind = good pictures
From: "Guido Ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:05:06 +0200

I agree with you, but the "new" M6 is selling from 1984;  O.K. it is the
lastest=20
Leica M but you can't compare a "lastest" buyer and a "Leica" buyer.
The first need the up to date product  because he think to get with new
Camera=20
better pictures (sorry to Nikon and Canon friends).=20
The second know that the only way to to get good pictures is:
a) good lenses
b) good mind
he wants a magic box that allows all this. With the "up to date" LEICA M6
you can.
It is easy and quickly with its exsposure meter and its multi viewfinder.=
It
will takes you to wonderful pictures all over the world, all your life.

I have M3 ds; M2; MDa; M4-P; M5; and of course M6, I enjoi to use all my
LEICA body, for example with the 21/2,8 I use only the MDa with his
viewfinder of course and for focusing I works with hyperfocale mode; but =
if
 I have to choose only one "magic box" for example, for a trip, I use M6.

Bye
     Guido Ridoli
LEICA M  superfan
guirid@numerica.it

- ----------
> Da: ABreull@aol.com
> A: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Oggetto: New Gear?
> Data: mercoled=EC 6 agosto 1997 1.47
>=20
> It's my impression, that several LUGlers spent lots of K$ on a new M or
> R-gear and complain on this and that now, and that there are (maybe a l=
ot
of)
> Monday productions=20
> also ...
>=20
> There is another choice also: The reputations of the M2 and M3 are
legendary,
> they are highly reliable, and you get them at $700 to $1000, (very good
> lenses at $400+). And, if you like an SLR, there are still the great SL=
or
> R4s waiting in the shops (similar prizes).
>=20
> Let the virgins to the persons who need the latest ... the latest
spoiler,
> the latest car, the latest computer, the latest whatever. And you can b=
et
> fortune, that they sell it in some weeks/ months again, specially an M
Leica