Subject: Re: new to the group/ help!
From: newport_m@utpb.edu (Mark Newport)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 11:33:00 -0700

>>Hello,
>>
>>I recently joined the group.
>>
>>I have a problem with my M4-P that just won't go away.
>
>Are your leaks inside the frame lines or outside in the spacing? Or both?
>
>Regards,
>

>Ben W. Holmes
>Boulder, CO

Ben,
The fogged areas are confined to the frames but if left to expose long
enough, I believe it would finally burn out into the frame line.  The bad
areas is located at the bottom of the shutter hence the top of the film
frame is fogged.  I just got out of the lab and it is worse on the test
rolls I just processed.  I would shoot some frames, then just let hang
around my neck for about 5-10 min., then put the cap over the lens and
expose the frame.  Those test frames should have been clear, but they were
fogged on the top 1/3.  I may shoot some slide film this weekend.  I guess
the reason I didn't catch this is that my 35 Summilux stays on this camera
most of the time (with the lens cap on).

thanks
Mark