Subject: Re: M6 and DR summicron
From: "S. Khai Mong" <khai@iware.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 21:59:06 -0400 (EDT)

> Tomorrow S. Khai Mong and I plan to meet and compare DR/M6 combinations.
> His has mounting/use restrictions and mine does not. I want to try his lens
> on my camera and mine on his. It will be interesting to see if this makes a
> difference or not.

Well, Ken and I won't be meeting yet.  I was one of the people who
original reported that I couldn't get DR/M6 to work at all.

After quite a few people responded that they have no problem using DR
with M6, I tried it again on my camera.  After repeated nudges, none
too hard, I finally got it to move into the near range!  Now, I can
quite easily get it in.  It must have been because my M6 was rather
new, and the rangefinder arm/roller hadn't fully settled into its most
comfortable wear yet, and couldn't quite jump over that cam "hump" on
the back of the DR.

_However_, I still have a problem removing it in the near range and
close range.  May be it needs more wear, may be something is wrong,
may be that's the way it's supposed to be.  I suspect that it is
because my DR is one of the earlier models (1959) as somebody pointed
out.

Thanks for your help.

- --
S. Khai Mong           Imageware Inc, 323 N. First St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Email: khai@iware.com                                Voice: (313) 994-7301
WWW: http://www.iware.com/~khai                        Fax: (313) 994-0802