Subject: Re: M-135 differences
From: dbledsoe <boise@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:42:02 -0400

Frederico wrote:

>>All I've heard about this lens is that: the quality is almost
apochromatic, you can use it wide open and turn excellent results and it =
is
light weight and practical. On the other hand the Elmarit with goggles is=

reputed to be not as good in optical performance, heavy and cumbersome,
defeating the purpose of an M system.<<  =

While I agree that the 135 Elmarit may be heavy and some will consider th=
at
a defeat of the compactness of the M system, I have not read anywhere tha=
the 135 f/2.8 Elmarit was anything less than an outstanding performing
lens.  Lager and several others discuss the optical and photographic
quality of the Elmarit in very positive terms relating it to its R cousin=

lens, which they say has an excellent reputation for results produced.  =

Naturally that info is not first-hand but I do have a 135 Elmarit on the
way to me and will discover for myself how good or bad it is.  My base of=

comparison will be my 135 Hektor M lens that is absolutely mint and is of=

exceptional optical quality.

Best, Don