Subject: Re: M-135 differences
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:24:02 -0700

dbledsoe wrote:
> Naturally that info is not first-hand but I do have a 135 Elmarit on the
> way to me and will discover for myself how good or bad it is.  My base of
> comparison will be my 135 Hektor M lens that is absolutely mint and is of
> exceptional optical quality.

Please let us know, Don. My 135 TeleElmarit has been my biggest Leica
disappointment. Even at middle apertures on a tripod with Velvia, images
remind me of an early zoom lens I used years ago on a Ricoh Singlex. The
glass is perfect and nothing rattles - has anyone else had experience with
poor images and had Leica or other repair fix the poor performance?

Gary Todoroff