Subject: Re: Motors vs. Winders
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 97 07:58:18 PST

     Hi,

      It really depends on how fast you want to shoot, 2 vs 4 frames per
     second, I would think.  I have been doing fine with the winder.

     Thanks,
     David

Subject: Motors vs. Winders
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    8/8/97 6:31 AM

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Jim Brick wrote:
<snip> And the motor winders never leave my cameras...

I own the first versioon of the Leica winder.  I used it when I owned a
M4-P and found it made the camera much larger and heavier.  I don't use it
much at this point.  I never understood why Leica couldn't make a winder
half the size it did for the M cameras.  Leica should look at this issue
again.  With micro motors and coreless DC motors, perhaps they could come
up with a truely compact winder for the M Leica cameras.

I have used winders (2 frames per second) on a Canon AE-1 (I'm dating
myself)  and with my Canon F1n.  They work well but again make the camera
larger and heavier.  My Canon T90 is the best with an integrated 4 frames
per second winder.

If I was going to get a motor for the R 6.2, would fellow LUGers recommend
the winder or the motor?  Since I plan to use it for along time, the cost
difference between the two is not significant.  I do not have to take lots
of action shots but do use the camera on a copy stand a lot for macro work.
 I guess in that case I should get the lens tripod mount adapter for the
100mm Apo macro lens.  With the combined weight of this lens, camera and
motor, it would weigh at least 5 pounds.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
On vacation in Delaware, USA