Subject: Re: Ted's adventure
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Aug 97 17:09:28 EDT

<<<So who's the assistant???, and with that R8, why were you using an R7???
Inquiring minds want to know!>>>>>>

Gee Jim,

For enquiring minds! :) Is this like National Enquirer? :)

Well I only have 1 - R8 and I've got two more ordered, but not to be delivered
until they can supply them with motors and the motor for the one in hand. :)

And dang, I just can't get used to working this R8 machine without a motor as
it's just a pain in the butt (thumb) flicking that little lever all the time. :)

It's called motor madness mania,  only found in the species of old guys who keep
forgetting to flick the little lever, therefore I have to resort to my "ancient"
R7's as back-ups.  However they are trusty steeds and have served me well and
still are. Well OK I'm short one, but it will be back momentarily.

Sandy! :)  Hey what can I say but,  all you guys should be so lucky to have
someone who is on the ball as this wonderful lady assistant. She humps all the
gear and will go back to get what "I forgot", but she usually does it with a
smart ass remark. :) She no longer relys on me saying, "Yep I got everything".

She does all the driving, computer business things other than my e-mail to "you
guys~!" Hey I can do some things besides take pictures. :)

She is attractive and has an incredible personality and attitude. An expert set
of photographic eyes, for seeing ______things photographic__! A major asset when
you listen to your assistant! Providing of course the assistant is the caliber
of Sandy.

But the really big thing when you have a female assistant!

"She better get along with your wife and meet your wifes' approval big time~ :)
Particularly when the assistant is much younger than the Missus! :) That's a
thought for some of you younger lads with "other bright ideas!" :)

Oh yeah, its really important they know how to load and set Leicas, all models.
:) Write captions, make reservations, get my food, make sure there is film in
the cameras and watch all the other things that help make me look not too bad as
an old fart photographer! :)

And above all; to bear with me when I'm miserable about life and living!:) And
get me back on track of what the hell we are supposed to be doing. :)  Which
quite often I'm told in a pleasant manner, "get the hell off that LUG thing!
We're outta here!" :)

So folks that's Sandy! A very wonderful lady/assistant!

ted