Subject: Communicating! was angels fear etc.....
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Aug 97 18:59:00 EDT

Ladies and gentlemen,

it seems the mail has gone wild! However for those whom are regulars and we have
have had the run of the lodge for some time and now find all these other
upstarts :) getting in here with their questions, queries and funny things mixed
amoungst ours, there are few folks finding this annoying, unfortunately.

But is this not all a form of communicating about the Leica Family with each
other?

Does it always have to be about the techie bits in numbers of widgets and thing
a me bobs, the failings of service and the mix of other things compared to the
M6 or the rantings of that madman ted and the R8! :)

Folks I have always taken this to be a gathering of people whom have the very
good fortune to own / use / collect Leica equipment. A gathering of like minded
folks set upon enjoying conversation about the Leica, whether pro or amateur.

Topics that we can  all learn from each other be that in technical terms,
explorations of various types of lenses or the misguided experiences of
stumbling through a shooting assignment or pictures for fun.

The bottom line is, there are a tremendous number of folks lurking out there
learning and enjoying our ups and downs of conversation, some times bickering,
some times bitching, cajoling and making fun of each other. Is this all so bad?

Sure it's a big pile of mail at times and surpise, guess what? It is only going
to get bigger, as from what I hear this is one of the best damn bunch of folks
in the internet world!  We are attracting people simply because this is truly a
great photographic learning place!

It may not have been the intention at the beginning, but in reality that is what
it is developing into, whether it is 2 mailings or 200 (ouch!)

I beleive one must quickly do some deleting before they even start to break open
the envelopes, it can be done quickly by skimming the topic titles and deleting
those you know are not to your liking. then go for it and glance at the first
bit of wording. You are all experienced at this withut me explaining it.:)

So guys and gals lets make some minor adjustments in how we post to each other
and try not to have too many repeat conversations, however we should never loose
the ambience of this wonderful, although hectic at times, communicating family
talking to each other about the Leica camera and it's mythical way it effects
each and all of us! :)

Heads up people, lets not loose this friend making conversation piece!

Where else can you truly communicate so quickly with a bunch of like minded
folks with understanding and comraderie? :) And with so many helpful hands
within sometimes minutes! :)

Keep the Leica Faith folks and we'll all survive to enjoy many many bits of
words in the Leica future.

ted