Subject: Re: Where Angels Fear to Tread
From: Michael Goldbard <m@gbard.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 15:03:09 -0700

LUG members - please excuse this aside from a lurker.  Thanks to all for
the informative and entertaining content which you provide.

Eric,

Perhaps the sheer volume of postings to the LUG are an indication of
vitality.  It may be that restraint of that flow, other than self-restraint
by the posters would undermine the lively, convivial discourse.  Many of us
who have yet to post to the list nonetheless enjoy the interchanges and if
we have no interest in a thread, have little difficulty in deleting.

I would prefer to continue this discussion privately, if need be, rather
than using more bandwidth.

		Regards,

		Michael

P.S.  If your 'satire' is widely misunderstood, perhaps the intended tone
of your postings does not communicate in quite the way you anticipate.

Eric Meyer wrote:

>To:  >INTERNET:Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>

>Detlef,
>
> >> if you ever like to write in german I'm proud to assist you too.
>
>     Hilfe wuerde ich vielmehr als Sie brauchen -- ich finde nur
>wenige Gelegenheiten, die Sprache zu ueben.
>
> >> Shouldn't you be more sensible with the word "fascist"?
>
>     Possibly you missed the element of satire in this
>characterization of your distortion of my suggestions.

<snip>