Subject: Good Indepednent Leica repairs service
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 10:45:33 PDT

Some time ago I dropped and dented my elmarit M 90mm 2.8. Focussing ring
was damaged preventing focus. Damn - one of my favourite lenses!!

Sent it to Leitz Kendermann (Canada) who sent it back to Germany.
Estimated bill around $900.00.It would seem to basically rebuild with
new parts - why not just buy a new lens?

So I spoke to Jim Albert in CA.He figured they could give it a try. So I
sent it down and they repaired the damage.Straightened it out and fixed
it all for $218.00. The service was courteous - although not rapid.

I have used the lens for a while now and it is working fine. So - some
good news about repairs.

J. Albert is in Carpenteria, CA. Tel:(805) 684-4533.

I think he works mainly on medium and large format.

Tim Atherton,
Tim Atherton Photography,
Box 515, Yellowknife,
NWT, X1A 2N4, Canada.

Phone/Fax: 403.669.9874

PHOTO-DOCUMENTARY * REPORTAGE * EDITORIAL * INDUSTRIAL