Subject: M RF Corrections
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 10:37:00 -0700

Although most sources list the RF baselength of the M4-P/M6/and M6J as
being identical to the other M's, this does not appear to be true on
closer inspection.   The following is the correction note posted at my
site, http://cameraquest.com/leica.htm

M4-P/M6/M6J RF Note: Most sources list the M4-P/M6 RF baselength as
being identical to the previous M's (68.5). Noted Leica Repair
Technician Sherry Krauter pointed out in her Leica Viewfinder article of
the 2nd Quarter of 1995, that their baselength is actually 69.25, and
that of the M6J is 68.85. I was able to confirm the 69.25 figure in
Gunter Osterloh's excellent and recommended (by me) Leica M: The
advanced school of photography. I have been able to confirm the M6J
figures in the M6J brochure. Marc Small pointed out Sherry's article to
me. Marc and I often joust with opposing opinions, but I knew that
sooner or later he had to be right on something.

Keep up the good work Marc,

Stephen