Subject: Re: 35mm vs. MF and Motors, Winders, Handgrips, & Tripods
From: KEN_GERLACH@HP-SantaClara-om12.om.hp.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 97 15:02:57 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Ted,

     Thanks for your honest view on the matter of 35mm vs MF format in the
     art world.  I had orginally asked the question after being told by a
     gallery director that they had not exhibited any 35mm work over the
     last year they could remember.  It had all been MF or larger.  Their
     comment was a little disappointing to me when I wanted to pursue 35mm
     work.  I find that MF on a tripod in urban scenes even without people
     in the frame is frustrating with the added weight, cumbersome setup
     and more time required to capture images.  I am just trying to figure
     out what is the best combination of equipment to achieve "quality"
     prints without the hassle factor of MF or large format gear.  It
     appears Leica is the answer with the great performance, especially at
     low light conditions but some loss of film latitude when images are
     enlarged for gallery hanging.

     Any other thoughts out there on my ramblings?

     Ken