Subject: Re: Anyone Using a Monopod?
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:16:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi group,

Donal wrote:
>Just carried the Gitzo smallest Mountaineer on a 40+ mile backpack and I
>can tell you it has changed my working habits.  I have a Foba ball head
>(small) with quick release and have QR plates from Really Right Stuff
>for all the cameras now (including for M2).

Can you tell us how to get a hold of Really Right Stuff?  I find the lack of
a QR a limiting factor with a monopod (though not with a tripod).

I've got this gorgeous Gitzo Studex extra long monopod with a Bogen ball
head with that new third leg gizmo (only 40 bucks and is great).  But, I
find I don't use the monopod much because attaching the camera - in a
reasonably quick shooting situation circumstance - is a MAJOR pita.  Then,
once attached, it feels like the pod is an appendage of the camera and I'm
not just swinging a little Leica from my neck but also 2 lbs. of monopod!

Curt

Elizabeth Mei Wong
Birding with Berkshire County's Hoffman Bird Club or
             Women Outdoors at http://members.aol.com/womenout/index.htm

Henry Curtis Miller, M.P.A.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
In the Berkshires, next door to Tanglewood