Subject: Re: Anyone Using a Monopod?
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:28:58 -0500

>Has anyone used the new carbon fiber monopod by Gitzo?  It would seem to be
>very light with a small ball and head socket on the end.  I wonder if you
>could get a significant increase in sharpness with the use of a monopod
>using a shutter speed range of 1/1000 to 1/60.

Richard,

Richard I have been using the Bogen monopods for years.  I like the
Bogens better than the Gitzos mainly because of the way the legs lock.
Friends who have used the Gitzo's on heavy long glass jokingly refer to
them as the incredible shrinking monopod as the legs tend to lower on
their own if you don't twist them hard enough.  One plus the Gitzo's used
to have (they may not do this anymore) was a lifetime guarentee.

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto