Subject: Non-issue
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 20:25:47 +0200

> Hello Odmund,

> I blame the priggish and snobbish Leica owner thinking that
> photography is
> owning and playing with a Leica, being a member of a Leica Society,
> being
> "esteemed" for nothing. I blame the condescending attitudes to other
> cameras and brands with less glamour than Leicas. I blame a certain
> unconcern.

I do not know of any person using Leica camera's who professes to have
this view on photography or Leica photography. What you blame is a
non-issue. Enjoying a fine piece of workmanship or an exquisitely made
instrument is no sin or a denial of the Great Photographic Tradition. It
is just this: I am very well aware that photography  can not be equated
with owning a Leica. But on the other hand: many of the greatest
pictures happened and happen to be made with Leica camera's. You are
trying to flog a very dead horse.
Erwin