Subject: Re: What's Your Failure Rate?
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:41:28 -0600 (MDT)

I've been running film like a mad man for two days straight. You don't want
to know how many rolls - let's just say "many". Anyway, I proofed the whole
mess and could not resist printing one frame before going to bed.

I was at an incredible wedding reception at the Ritz Carleton in Pasadena.
It was late and the party was winding down. A lone couple was doing a very
sensuous tango on the dance floor. It was dark except for candles and the
video guy's light - he was taping them. I noticed how when he and I were at
opposite sides of the couple, his light put them into a very dramatic
silhouette (sp?). I had TMY in my Leica and a 2/50 Summicron-M wide open. I
whipped out my trusty incident meter and took a read into his light - 2.0 @
1 sec.... hmmm... what the hell. I shot half a roll that way and one of them
is brilliant. The man has her bent back over his knee, her hair is fanned
out in a blur and the feeling is pure ether. Love, again.

,/8^|