Subject: Re: What's Your Failure Rate?
From: ROB HEYMAN <rheyman@thehub.com.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:48:51 +1000

Ben Holmes wrote:

> I had TMY in my Leica and a 2/50 Summicron-M wide open. I
> whipped out my trusty incident meter and took a read into his light -
> 2.0 @
> 1 sec.... hmmm... what the hell. I shot half a roll that way and one
> of them
> is brilliant.

Hi Ben,When you try shots like this, do you use a tripod or monopod with
your Leica
or do you hand hold?
I have recently been carrying a small home made bean bag in my left
hand. I find a solid perch of some sort and nestle the M6 into the bean
bag. It works brilliantly most of the time, but quite often I lose focus
dramatically because the focussing lever is moved by the bloody bean
bag! Anyone have other suggestion for long exposures on the run?  Ted?
Donal?

Rob