Subject: 35 M
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 97 17:31:23 -0700

G'day Len,

> 1) should I keep the present lens and try to find someone who can
> put it right;
How much TIME have you got?

> 2) should I buy a used newer model 35mm Summicron; which one;
How much TRUST have you got?

> 3) should I get a new current Summincron;
How much MONEY have you got? This will help answer 4) and 5)

> 4) is the newest 35mm aspheric appreciably different photographically
>than its > immediate predecessor;
Must be only minor differences according to most posts and comments

> 5) having read wonderful things about the 1.4 35mm aspheric, is the
> stretch (pricewise) worth it;
Yes but as you already know, it is only really worth the extra if you want
the speed and can put up with the weight. The recent Leica Fotographie has
a comment on the new F2 35 Asph and Erwin Puts had a great summary of their
qualities. Check those out and try handling both lenes ;-)

Alastair Firkin