Subject: Re: [leica-users]lurker requests your recommendations
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 09:40:29 -0500

>Six thousand is a quite an investment for me at this time.  Do you know
>if Leika or compatible filters, flashes and accessories are also more
>expensive than like brands?  I'd prefer Leika but I'm worried about
>affording the necessary accessories after buying the camera and 2 good
>lenses.

If you look into the used market you can find reasonable prices on the
Leica R gear.  As far as the filters go B&W makes very good filters and
are cheaper in price than the Leica filters.  When I had my R6es the Metz
flash that was comparable to the Nikon SB24, Canon 430 EZ was in the same
price range also.  I do not know about current prices.

One thing to keep in mind if you decide to opt for the M system is that
it is a VERY different camera from an SLR and I would highly reccomend
you get one to play with a little before you sink your money into that
system.  I love my M6, but it is not for everyone.  It opperates totally
different from an SLR system.

I also shoot much travel, landscaspe, and environmental portrait work and
find that I can use the M for about 75% of what I shoot.  The wides on
the on the M are incerdible.

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto