Subject: dual range summicron eyes question
From: Arthur Wouk <awouk@nilenet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:18:15 -0600

i got curious when i saw the message about the DR summicron.
i have a DS-M3 with the DR summicron. i also picked up a set of eyes
with the polygon surrounding the leitz name. this is chrome, says
made in germany. i have not been able to get it to mount on the
summicron. it starts on, but when the baseplate of the eyes comes in
contact with the ball on top of the lens, it won't move any further.

so, is this a 'freezing' of the ball on which this is to seat, or is
there more than one type of early eyes?

no serial number on the eyes, unfortunately, but the lens serial
number is 1468145.

if it is a case of the ball (which must be spring loaded in some way)
freezing, i guess i should take it over to focal point to unfreeze.

!Subj:	Roy Moss on the DR: THE ANSWERS!