Subject: R8
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:45:35 -0500

I recently returned from my vacation in Nova Scotia.  Thanks to Ted and
several others I knew more what to expect because they answered my e-mail
request for information.

Just before going I had purchased an R8.  I know you should never take a
new camera on vacation but I did it anyway.  I set them meter to the Matrix
setting and shot away.  To my amazement there was not a bad slide due to
bad exposure in the whole bunch. I used only Kodachrome 64 as it has been
my standard for years.

There are some duds due to a loose nut at the back of the camera but that
is not the cameras fault.  I am going to try to tighten that nut up some.

I have never had this high a hit rate in my life!  I am totally amazed at
what the R8 did.  If I had the money I would order a second body today.  I
was never that pleased with my R5 or any other Leica I have owned.  Thanks
Ted for your telling us all about the R8.  I am definitely on the bandwagon
with you now.

I would like to say more but I am a man of few words, got to go out and get
that R8 going this afternoon.

Bill Grimwood