Subject: Leni Riefenstahl again
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 02:03:46 -0600

Sephen Gandy wrote:

the last time I checked, this list was about Leicas, not political or
philosophical views.

Stephen Gandy

Stephen,

Leni Riefenstahl had a lot to do with the success and further development of
Leicas. Unfortunately, she also move in very bad company for a long while. I
don't have a real problem with this woman any more. However, I do have a
problem with Leica users who would like to sweep her past under the rug for
whatever personal reasons or lack of comfort with ancestral past.

I also do not believe that we should avoid studying her techniques and
prohibit exhibitions and showing of her photos and films. For one, I would
like to the Triumph of Will for technical reasons.

I also think that we should avoid a new flame war on this forum.

Sincerely,

Chris