Subject: Re: DR Summicron incompatabilities
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 97 09:16:01 PST

     Hi,

      Last night I took out my DR-Summicron (1449331) to try on several M
     bodies.  It comes with older type eyes and engraved in meters only.
      Silly enough, I could not mount the lens with the eyes to any of my M
     bodies that included M4, M2S, M3.  I realized that a little black
     plastic thing on the back of the eyes was blocking.  I do not know
     what the black thing is for.  I mounted the lens first without the
     eyes and then mount the eyes.  It worked perfectly.  When I tried to
     mount the lens with the eyes on the lens, the black plastic thing was
     situated right next to the rewind button and blocked ritht there.
      I remember mounting the lens with the eyes long time ago.  I do not
     remember how I did it though.  Any idea about this black plastic
     thing?

     Regards,
     David