Subject: Re: DR Summicron incompatabilities
From: "John Barnabas" <john@ucs.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:58:37 -0700

Dave (seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com) asked:

> When I tried to mount the lens with the eyes on the lens, the black
plastic thing was situated right next to the rewind button and blocked
ritht there.I remember mounting the lens with the eyes long time ago.  I do
not remember how I did it though.  Any idea about this black plastic thing?
<

Dave:

It is my impression that the "tab" is there to prevent the DR 50/2 from
being mistakenly mounted and used as a normal  lens while it is set on the
near focusing helix.  Some may confuse the DR assemblage with the ocular'd
35/2 for the M3.

Regards

John Barnabas

john@ucs.com  (Phoenix)  TEL: 602/966-8025  FAX: 602/966-8026