Subject: Rencontres d'Arles
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@serveur.interliger.fr>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:04:07

On my way home from vacation, I passed by Arles (Rencontres Internationales
de la Photographie d'Arles). I try to visit this meeting each year,
together with the meeting in Perpignan, Visa pour l'Image (the 9th edition
of Visa pour l'Image is being held between Aug 30 and Sept 14).

This year the theme in Arles was "ethique, esthetique, politique", more or
less. A very interesting event. You will find a nice resume of the meeting at:

http://www.photographie.com/arles/en/index.html

For those who think that this once again is "OFF-TOPIC", I'll just mention
that "Le Prix Oskar Barnack" (10 000 DM) this year was attributed to Jane
Evelyn Atwood, and  presented during the festival.

Oddmund