Subject: Re:Leni Riefenstahl:a single thought!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 23 Aug 97 09:19:59 EDT

<<<<<Folks, could we please stop this useless debate about Riefenstahl>>>

To All:    A single thought and action on this subject!

I have read each posting with some care as I found it interesting to a point.

It is such an in depth subject involving more than photography, Leicas and work.
It has become a discussion of the ideologies of many and not just the
photographer in question. A very complex and emotional subject to say the least.

However before it evolves (close to) into a mass burn out of emotion and
opinions, may I offer a suggestion?

It is 5.59 a.m Saturday 23 August, (well it is at the moment where I am) could
we save all these posts (and emotions) so we can pull them up in the middle of
the winter, when some of us are up to our butts in snow and cold. For those of
you who do not experience these weather conditions, it tends to cool emotions
and sharpens the mind. Then we could spend __"one week"__ in a special
discussion of the subject.

Actually, I have found it rather interesting, not just from the Leni Riefenstahl
aspect, but on the broader scale of how we LUGNUTS relate to the past and
obviously to how we see the event by todays standards.

This is merely food for thought and maybe we could say "Amen" to the topic and
resurrect it in December!

What think you?

ted