Subject: Re: No attachments (was Re: Riefenstahl)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:22:29 -0700

At 08:44 AM 8/23/97 +0200, you wrote:
>>I am beginning to get annoyed at this crap! DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS TO THE
>>LIST. No person here has the right to write directly to my hard disk without
>>my express permission. Attachments are downloaded from one's server and
>>written directly to the recipient's HD. Do it to me again, and I'll send YOU
>>the entire King James Bible as an attachment! Don't think do? Try me.
>>
>Hi Ben,
>
>you should get yourself a better mail software and the attachments will not
>hit your PC automaticaly. The problem is on your site.
>
>Detlef

Detlef,

This list has been through all of this before. There are some people using
primitive UNIX mailers (mail or pine) which will not usually understand a
file attachment. So they get screens full of garbage causing various
problems. ALSO!!!, attachments completely screw-up the digest version of
the LUG and there are many people here that subscribe to the digest. So,
the standing rule on an e-mail list is... NO ATTACHMENTS! PERIOD.

Jim