Subject: Reliability / repairability of CLE
From: Vince Lamberti <106623.3440@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 09:51:18 -0400

LUGGERs,

I would appreciate feedback on the reliability and in particular
repairability of the Minola CLE.  I was scrounging through UseNet archive=
and uncovered the following message (posted earlier this year) :

>>Also IMHO, the Minolta CLE is a much nicer camera. It does have an
outline
>>  for the 28mm and semi-automatic exposure as well. Last time I looked,=

>> you could still buy a 'new' (unused, unsold) CLE kit (camera, case, 28=
,
40
>>  and 90) from some dealers or collectors. (I guess they didn't sell al=
that
>>  well?) I know a local dealer who has one but he won't part with it.
>>  Fortunately, I traded in a CL for a CLE long ago. I've seen complete
>>  used kits for under $1000.
>>  If the RF style of photography suits you, I personally think the CLE =
is
>>  close to the 'ideal' camera.
>
>Personally, I'd agree with this if it were not for the long-term
>repairability considerations. It appears from reports on the Leica Users=

>Group that some CLE users have found their cameras can't be repaired any=

>longer. This has not happened with the CL.
>-- =

>Joe Berenbaum

I've looked at Stephen Gandy's web site (great site incidentally), and it=

does not mention reliability issues.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Vince Lamberti