Subject: Later R4
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 97 14:22:21 PST

     Hi,

      It was my understanding that the later R4 made concurrently with R4SP
     were manufactured in Germany as it was marked so.  The other day, I
     was talking to a man who insisted that all the R4's were made in
     Portugal no matter what marking was found on their bodies.  He said he
     called Leica to confirm it.
      What is the story?  It is not a big deal to me who has one of each.
     I am just curious.  Thank you.

     Regards,
     David