Subject: Re: Leica R-24/2,8 makeover
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:29:26 -0400

Jim wrote : =

>How did you determine that the 24mm R lens is a Minolta design?

It is well known.
"optics by Minolta and lens mount by Leitz Wetzlar"`
Lager, Leica, an illustrate history, Vol.II, Lenses P.252

>It's been around since 1974 and is a wonderful lens.
>One of my favorites. I bought it in 1976.
>It has been exemplary.

I like it very much to.

>And why would it need a makeover?

The serie filter is not very convenient, specially with polarising,
when you want to change it.
A makeover in the same way as the new R-28/2,8 will be great.

Lucien
BELGIUM